Sep 15, 2016

SGAF UPDATE - 2016 RECIPIENTS

Mennonite Women Canada is pleased to announce the 2016 recipients of our Spiritual Growth Assistance Fund. 

Danielle Fillion Raimbault is a returning student studying at Conrad Grebel College University. She writes: This semester I am enrolled in four courses at Conrad Grebel University College as part of the Masters of Theology program. The first two courses are very pastor-oriented. The first is a pastoral care course while the second is "The Skill of Learning and the Soul of Teaching" which will explore an Anabaptist approach to Christian education and talk about some helpful tools for teaching in the 21st century. My third course is a seminar in theological studies on the Holy Spirit which will examine contemporary and historical theologies on the Holy Spirit. Finally, I am taking a course at Wilfred Laurier University which is called "Inshallah." This course explores world music (specifically the global south). As part of of the course I have the opportunity to sing this music in a choir and then discuss the theological significance of the texts and music.
Outside of school, I will continue in my three jobs as a chaplain for a retirement residence, administrative assistant for my church as well as working part-time home-care for senior citizens. I am very grateful for the funds that Mennonite Women Canada has provided me to continue my education at Conrad Grebel. 
Thank you very much, Danielle  

Marlene Kruger Wiebe of Gretna, MB is studying part-time at Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg. She writes: My desire to pursue further theological study at CMU is being fulfilled. I feel drawn towards the ministry of chaplaincy and my courses will help me go in that direction. This year I will be taking courses to nurture my skills of theological reflection and pastoral care. 
Thank you so very much for your generous support in my endeavour to complete my Masters degree.
Sincerely, Marlene

No comments:

Post a Comment